- About Us
- Classes & Events
ADVANCED IMMERSION TRAINING
For Graduates of the IDP Yearlong Immersion Training Program
Sat, 3/2/2013, 12:00pm - 6:00pm
Sat, 6/8/2013, 12:00pm - 6:00pm
Sat, 9/7/2013, 12:00pm - 6:00pm
Sat, 12/14/2013, 12:00pm - 6:00pm
IDP’s Advanced Immersion Training is a nine-month program designed for graduates of the Yearlong Immersion Training. Its purpose is twofold: to enable participants to expand upon their understanding of Secular Buddhism and its contemplative practices, and to inspire participants to find innovative ways of integrating mindfulness training and contemplative practices more deeply into their lives as well as the lives of others.
Created and facilitated by IDP teacher Ven. Lawrence Do’an Grecco, this program provides an ongoing base of support and continuing learning opportunities for those who have emerged from their foundational studies. Through a series of four Saturday afternoons over the course of nine months, participants will be offered useful tools for developing their own distinctive methods of interpreting Buddhist teachings and mindfulness techniques.
All participants will be encouraged to gradually unearth their own unique and personal approaches to teaching and to give those methods a chance to develop in a safe and supportive environment.
What the Advanced Immersion Program Offers:
1. Structured sessions to deepen and expand understanding of Buddhist principles and meditative disciplines through advanced experiential exercises, dyad work, assigned reading, group sharing, experimental presentations, and other creative methods.
2. A supportive environment in which participants may develop innovative methods of teaching about contemplative practices and Secular Buddhism that speak to the growing needs of a rapidly changing and increasingly disconnected society.
3. An opportunity for participants to clarify their intention, hone their teaching skills, share their learnings, and discover ways to offer their practice and knowledge in various ways, including formal teaching, writing, movement arts, art practice, caregiving, and any other applicable contemplative practice methods.
March 2, 12-6 pm
June 8, 12-6 pm
September 7, 12-6 pm
December 14, 12-6 pm
The total cost of this nine month program is $250. This does not include the cost of suggested reading materials, Monday or Wednesday evening classes, project materials or dana for guest speakers.
- Completion of IDP’s Yearlong Immersion Training Program
- Attendance at all four Saturday classes
- Daily practice, as well as occasional practice and social events with other participants
- A final class presentation demonstrating an ability to teach any aspect of mindfulness or the dharma in a way that is innovative and unique to your individual strengths and the skills acquired over the nine month period
Registration for the 2013 training must be completed by March 1, 2013.
A discounted price is available in exchange for Work-Study, though positions are limited; to be eligible for Work-Study consideration, you must contact firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 2/15/13.